Yes, in the Fddb app you can define in the settings whether you are pregnant or breastfeeding. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Go to the "More" section of the app.
- Navigate to "My Account". There you can make the desired settings.
- Go to the "Account" area in the app.
- Press the gear icon for "Settings" in the upper right corner.
- You can then make the desired settings.
For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the German Nutrition Society recommends different reference values for the intake of some micronutrients. Since Fddb is based on their reference values for the recommended daily doses, higher reference values, for example for magnesium and potassium, are sometimes set in the app settings when selecting the options “pregnant” and “breastfeeding”.
Fddb does not generally issue any recommendations for calorie intake, not even for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Please also read our notes on health topics.